By integrating Azure’s latest storage solution, Premium SSD v2 disk, in partnership with the Azure Storage team, Pure Storage is helping mutual customers achieve up to one-third of the infrastructure cost
Pure Storage’s multi-year product and go-to-market partnership with Microsoft offers Microsoft Azure services with Pure Storage capabilities for Azure’s new Premium SSD v2 and introducing them to Azure VMware Solution (AVS) in Preview.
“Pure Cloud Block Store for Azure VMware Solution is just the beginning. By optimizing performance and cost at scale, we look forward to unlocking the number of mission-critical use cases that we can serve in the coming years.”Ajay Singh, Chief Product Officer, Pure Storage
Now in Preview in 16 Azure regions globally, Pure Cloud Block Store for Azure VMware Solution enables customers to:
- Optimize AVS Costs. With Pure Storage’s compression and deduplication technology, organizations can achieve a high data reduction ratio on VMware workloads in Azure. Combined with Pure Storage’s ability to decouple block storage costs from compute costs, customers can achieve sizable savings off their baselines for storage-heavy workloads.
- Take Advantage of Evergreen® Innovation in Azure. Pure Storage will continue to innovate and leverage the best technology available in Azure. By integrating Azure’s latest storage solution, Premium SSD v2 disk, in partnership with the Azure Storage team, Pure Storage is helping mutual customers achieve up to one-third of the infrastructure cost than Pure’s previous platform without sacrificing performance or capabilities. These savings can now be extended to AVS customers.
- Accelerate and De-Risk Cloud Migrations. Organizations can migrate their applications to the cloud without any capability trade-offs, with the ability to scale storage and compute independently based on need.
- Leverage Pure Storage Safemode® Ransomware Data Protection: Pure Storage delivers an always-on, policy-driven snapshot creation and protection mechanism called Safemode which provides the ability to leverage Pure Storage snapshots to instantly restore protected data sets. Customers enjoy and rely on this protection with their on-premises VMware environments with FlashArray and can now also leverage this functionality with Azure VMware Solution and Pure Cloud Block Store.
- Implement Flexible Disaster Recovery: Organizations can take advantage of data protection capabilities in Purity such as zero-RPO ActiveCluster, near-zero RPO ActiveDR, and Purity CloudSnap™ to ensure the right data is protected in the right way, to the right place, at the right time.
- Right-Sizing Disaster Recovery: Pure Storage’s high availability and cloud replication capabilities enable disaster recovery targets on AVS that can be configured with minimal compute and storage that can scale on-demand. This brings additional cost savings to the customer’s Disaster Recovery strategy.
- Simplify and Unify Storage Strategy. By using the same data management platform both on-premises and in the cloud, organizations can more easily track, manage, deploy, and provide consistent multi-cloud governance for their data.
“This expanded partnership between Pure Storage and Microsoft creates a significant milestone, ushering in a new age of cloud migration, and ultimately driving faster, more cost-effective adoption of cloud services. Pure Cloud Block Store for Azure VMware Solution is just the beginning. By optimizing performance and cost at scale, we look forward to unlocking the number of mission-critical use cases that we can serve in the coming years.” Ajay Singh, Chief Product Officer, Pure Storage.”
“Our commitment to advancing Microsoft Azure VMware Solution, and the Microsoft Azure platform more broadly with best-of-breed partnerships with vendors like Pure Storage underscores our mission to meet customers where they are today, particularly in a new world of business where speed, simplicity, and cost efficiency are critical. We’re thrilled to continue working through the next phases of our partnership to provide a fast path to the cloud with Pure Storage.” Jurgen Willis, Vice President, Azure Specialized Workloads and Storage, Microsoft